The main goal is to explain to our donors how, what, for what purpose we are using the donations. In order to fulfill with legislation concerning protection of private data provided by donors, we will not provide information to third parties. Sponsored kids and money fundraised will be published in our blog.
- The fundraising activities related to private and public donors, their cost and their annual takings (donations, memberships and other forms of collaboration) will be available to the public; however it will need always donors’ approval.
- The sources of finance, including details regarding the main contributors, both public and private, as well as the amounts contributed by the same will be available to the public.
- The allocation to each year’s activities of the funds obtained will be adequately documented and available to the public and published in our blog.
- Fresh Nepal will provide promotional material upon request to all the donors.
- Fresh Nepal will have a set of criteria and selection processes for companies and collaborating entities approved by the Governing Board.
- Agreements which include the logo of the entity surrender to companies and institutions will have to be formalized in writing.
This principle requires the organization to have a diversified source of funding in order to guarantee its independence and continuity.
- FRESH NEPAL must diversify its finance including both public and private contributions.
- The organization will benefit from a variety of external funding which will guarantee the continuity of its activities.
When collaborating with an organization one of the first fear is a lack of management and spending of the funds due to a lack of knowledge. For this reason FRESH NEPAL counts on a follow up from an independent external accountant and a budget monitored on a monthly basis. A policy of approval expenses has been established and a member from outside of the organization needs to sign invoices. Board Members will contribute to the use of funds.
Furthermore, the organization has to prepare a plan of fundraising and estimate future income and expenses carry out in their activities. Both the budget and the Income and Expense Liquidation are documents, which have to reflect an organization’s real priorities.
- The classification of the operating expenses into the following categories: Fundraising, Programmes – Activities, Operation-Administration and Economic Activity, if any, will be available to the public. The allocation of funds broken down per project and line of activity will also be available to the public.
- A list of the main suppliers and co-organizers of the activity will be available on our blog. The organization will have a policy of approval of expenses, as well as criteria of selection of suppliers approved by the main donor.
- The organization will not accumulate excessive available funds in the last two years.
- The organization will present a balanced financial structure.
- Whenever possible, FRESH NEPAL will respect the donor’s wishes.
Under Nepali legislation, FRESH NEPAL is subject to numerous and thorough controls carried out by several institutions, including tax authorities, social security and relevant registry of charities.
- The organization will show proof of its fulfillment of its legal obligations in relation to the tax authorities, social security and relevant registry of charities.
- The organization will prepare the annual accounts according to general accounting plan for non-profit organizations, which will be approved by the Board and audited by an independent external auditor.
Volunteers are a main factor for the organization, since they bring knowledge and ideas, as well as help to create an international environment for the kids. For this reason, volunteers are involved in the daily activities of the organization, and they are encouraged to bring out their unique skills.
In order to respect kids rights and volunteers rights, a standard of rules and regulations have been established, which need to be read and signed before carrying out any volunteering activity. In addition, it is necessary to set up the activities and a training program to facilitate their participation within the organization.
- FRESH NEPAL will promote the participation of volunteers in its activities.
- FRESH NEPAL will define the activities, which may be carried out by volunteers. The document in which these activities are described will be available to the public.
- A training programme will be set up according to the activities designated to them and will be available to the volunteers.