by bank transfer or via paypal
create an event or raise funds
Follow us on Facebook and help us spread the word of Fresh Nepal.
Also, Fresh Nepal is open to implement your ideas within the organization. Improvements are always welcome! Please feel free to contact us if you wish to create an event or raise funds from your side.
"If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever."− Kofi Annan
Fresh Nepal is grateful to have received the support of many volunteers during the past years. Each of them has provided knowledge, motivation and inspiration and taught valuable skills that have enriched the lives of many people. Fresh Nepal, in addition to the most visible project, the Children Home in Lalitpur, has taken part in many other education, water, sanitation awareness and emergency relief projects within the past 10 years, mainly in rural areas.
Foreign and nationals interested in visiting Nepal in a different way are welcome in Fresh Nepal. Our staff offers tours to learn about social work, development and culture outside the typical tourists attractions. Participants will visit different organizations and take part in face-to-face meetings with the key players that work to improve people’s lives in Nepal. Participants will be able to experience the life of traditional families and feel immersed in Nepali culture and language.
There is a certain degree of flexibility in the schedule which shall be discussed with the responsible people in the field. The program can be tailored according to the needs of each participant and is subject to availability.
Fresh Nepal offers accommodation and food in Kathmandu to those interested in the program. There is a fixed fee is 90€ per week per person, which covers the cost of the program and supports the projects run by the organization.
If you would like more information or have any questions about the program you can contact us using the online information request form. We would be happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
- Board and lodging during the duration of the program.
– Two meals a day (lunch and dinner) and snack.
– Emergency 24×7 contact in case of an emergency.
– Pickup from the airport in Kathmandu upon arrival in Nepal.
– Drop-off at the airport in Kathmandu upon completion of the program.
– Regular one-on-one follow-ups to ensure that everything is as expected and to address any problems the participant may have at his/her placement.
– Administrative costs associated with running the program.
– Orientation at the site with the staff.
– Orientation of the participant around Kathmandu/Lalitpur locations of internet cafes, supermarkets, stationary stores, money exchange centers, photocopying, supply stores, etc.
– Importantly, the participant fee also helps support the different projects run by the organization and its partners.
– Internet access.
- Sightseeing / traveling / trekking while staying in Nepal.
– Airfare to get from your home country to Nepal.
– A VISA for Nepal which costs around $40US for the first 60 days and $40US for one month extensions.
– Any vaccines that may be required by the participant before arriving in Nepal.
– Health insurance for the duration of the stay.
– International phone calls.